There’s an ebb and a flow to everything in life.
And that includes natural disasters. Some years will be worse than others. It’s inevitable.
While we don’t know what the next month will bring, September is historically the most severe month of hurricane season.
Nobody knows whether it will be better or worse than last year’s.
But there is one thing 2017 taught us with its destructive hurricanes, fires and tornados. We need to be prepared.
Disasters the Norm, Not the Exception
Last year the U.S. experienced 16 weather-related disasters exceeding $1 billion each in damages.
By the time everything ends up getting accounted for, it’s expected to add up to around $300 billion for the year.
Does anybody really think the number of weather-related disasters will fall from 16 to zero in 2018?
From the looks of it, that’s the way the government seems to be thinking.
Rather than planning for these disasters ahead of time, the government acts as if it’s a big surprise every time.
Why isn’t natural disaster relief a part of the annual planning?
It’s Up to Us to Protect Ourselves
Now, government reform may or may not happen. So, we can’t count on that. But there is one thing we can count on – ourselves.
Even FEMA administrator Brock Long admits that self-reliance is up to the individual citizen.
One of the things we love to hear from customers most is how our products gave them peace of mind through a disaster.
A customer of ours – Jeffrey L. from Texas – was one of the people anxiously following the news reports about Hurricane Harvey last year as it threatened his town.
Sounded Like a Freight Train
Take a look at what Jeffrey has to say about his first-hand experience through the storm.
He shares how it sounded when Harvey blew through and dropped epic amounts of rainfall that flooded the area late last summer.
“Imagine a freight train traveling at 60, 65 miles per hour,” he said. “For 10 hours straight. Non-stop. It just doesn’t stop.”
There was a street in his neighborhood, just one street over, where everybody got hit. That street is about 10 feet lower than his own street.
He recounts, “Folks lost everything… everything.”
Starting Early on Preparedness
Jeffrey shares how preparing has always been a normal part of his life.
“It was ingrained in me by my parents at a very early age,” Jeffrey said. “Be prepared.
“Every year at the beginning of June or end of May, when the official announcement came out for the hurricane season, we would make a special grocery store trip. We’d get all of our supplies.
“This time, we knew Harvey was coming to this area. That’s when stores started to get lines forming and people started preparing.
“There were some folks where this was their first time, and they weren’t necessarily getting the right things. They were getting water, but not many long-term items.”
4Patriots Helped Jeffrey Prepare
Luckily, Jeffrey wasn’t one of those people waiting in lines at the stores. He already had his stockpile ready.
“I’ve been buying products from 4Patriots for, I’d say, about a year and a half,” he said. “Having something like stew or the potato soup or the chicken and rice, which is my favorite… the food’s good. It’s solid. It’s healthy. It’s nutritious.
“I had some supplies from 4Patriots, so I was good. And I can’t stress that enough.
“Even if you never touch what you bought, even if it stays in the closet or garage or wherever you store it, it’s peace of mind. So, get ready. Get a plan. It’s up to you, and it’s up to me.”
Survival Food is the #1 Item to Hoard
The fact is, if you don’t take action or if you stockpile the wrong foods, you could be setting your family up to be hungry in a time of crisis. It sounds harsh, but the truth is too many people with good intentions are making critical mistakes with their food stockpiles.
• Buying MREs good for 5 years – depending on where you buy them from they could be near expired.
• Getting gross survival foods that are tough to stomach and so high in salt, MSG and preservatives you could clog your arteries and get yourself sick.
• Or simply buying the wrong foods and leaving a critical hole in your meal plan, which means your family can become malnourished.
Our top recommendation in survival food is Food4Patriots.
This is our cutting-edge top of the line survival food kits and there are 4 reasons why experts recommend it:
• This food has a shelf life of 25 years, so you get peace of mind for the long term. It comes in military-grade packaging inside compact, waterproof totes that store anywhere.
• Food4Patriots is a solid value. This food is made right here in the U.S.A. without any fillers or poor-quality “frankenfood” from China. In my opinion, it’s a fair price for the best product we’ve tested.
• It’s easy to make these meals in less about 20 minutes; just add boiling water, simmer, and serve. I’ve tried ’em and they actually taste good. And you get a whole bunch of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner so you don’t get stuck eating the same thing
• We’re running a special right now. For example, my kit 3-month came with Free Shipping, 5,400+ heirloom survival seeds, 4 hard copy books, etc.
To your survival,